Sunday, August 11, 2013

Disneyland behaviours everyone ends up doing

Advertisement

It?s now the holiday week in Japan, and that means that Disneyland and Disney Sea will no doubt be packed to the gunwales with tourists. (That reminds me, I must find some statistics on the most popular tourist attractions in Japan!) So, this survey from goo Ranking looks at what people who go to Disneyland tend to end up doing.

Demographics

Between the 31st of May and 3rd of June 2013 1,069 members of the goo Research online monitor group completed a private internet-based questionnaire. 50.1% of the sample were female, 24.8% in their teens, 24.9% in their twenties, 25.0% in their thirties, and 25.4% in their forties; there was no-one older than 49 in this sample. Note that the score in the results refers to the relative number of votes for each option, not a percentage of the total sample.

Here?s someone doing a number 6, I suspect.

Tokyo Disneyland

Note that buying souvenirs (and other general Disney tat) features very heavily. Despite living 500 kilometers away from The Magic Kindgom, it seems, for instance, that almost every teenage schoolgirl I see has a Duffy bear doll hanging off their schoolbags.

And before you ask, no, I don?t know the difference between number 2 and number 7!

Ranking result

Q: What do you tend to end up doing when you go to Disneyland? (Sample size=1,069)

Rank ? Score
1 I wave like a madman at the characters on the parade floats 100
2 I choose souvenirs based on the cuteness of the container 97.6
3 Since I?m there, buy lots of stuff and end up overeating 94.1
4 In order to ride as many attractions as possible, I set up a precise plan 86.5
5 I make a mad dash for the Fast Pass tickets as soon as the park opens 80.3
6 I photograph even the characters I don?t recognise 69.6
7 I choose souvenirs based on the cuteness of the packaging over the contents 67.5
8 As I hate to leave, stay right until the park closes 64.4
9 Even though I think it will be crowded then, do my souvenir shopping just before the park closes 54.3
10 I ride the same attraction multiple times on the same day 52.9
11 I get all excited queueing up waiting for the park to open 49.1
12 I end up buying more souvenirs for myself than for other people 46.0
13 I yell out character names at the top of my voice during the parade to try to get them to look at me 39.8
14 I get completely engrossed in trying to find hidden Mickeys 34.6
15 My friends and I end up buying all the same kinds of souvenirs (eg Mickey, Minnie, Donald, etc headbands) 31.5
16 Although I came with a group, we split up and all do our own things separately 22.8
17 I wear my Mickey Mouse ears, etc, all the way back to home 22.1
18 As I get on rides, I wave to the people waiting 21.8
19 At the photo spot on rides, I make sure to put on a good face, pose 18.0
20 As soon as I enter the part, I make a mad dash to buy the souvenirs I definitely must have 16.6
Read more on: disneyland,goo ranking

Permalink

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/WhatJapanThinks/~3/hUti54StbTQ/

iOS 7 Beta 4 National Ice Cream Day pippa middleton helen thomas Rosy Esparza Bbc News queen elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment